Sparkle Sheffield Membership Terms and Conditions
Name and Objectives
- ‘Sparkle Sheffield’ and subsidiaries and associated companies of ‘Sparkle Sheffield’, are collectively and individually described below as ‘Sparkle Sheffield’. Sparkle Sheffield is a registered charity (charity number: 1126583).
- Sparkle Sheffield was set up in 2014 to support families with children on the Autism Spectrum. The aim of Sparkle Sheffield is to ensure children on the Autism Spectrum can flourish by providing much needed support to families and by raising awareness of Autism.
- ‘Membership’ shall relate to each household membership, consisting of those named on the application form upon submission.
- The membership of Sparkle Sheffield shall be unlimited and consist of Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum packages.
- Membership is applicable per household, therefore completion of the application form in full is essential with details of all relevant individuals. Application forms will be screened by Sparkle Sheffield personnel, so please ensure that they are completed with as much detail as possible.
- A passport-style photograph must be supplied with the application form of all persons listed on the application. These will be used for memberships cards.
- Membership is valid for 12 months from the date of payment.Re-subscription will be required for each 12-month period.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of joining the membership of Sparkle Sheffield, part payments will not be accepted.
- No person shall be entitled to the privileges of membership until the subscription has been paid.
- A valid email address is required upon the commencement of membership, as communications, notifications and other information will be delivered via the given email address.
- Evidence of additional needs will be required upon completion of the Sparkle Sheffield membership application form. This must be one of the following pieces of documentation;
- A pathway letter (such as one from Ryegate, CAMHS or the local hospital) detailing an appointment with neurodisability, the paediatric assessments unit, or other investigating clinic or;A
- A letter detailing your/your child’s diagnosis or;
- A letter confirming your/ your child’s entitlement to Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Membership may be cancelled by an individual by giving notice in writing to [email protected]. Any cancelled package will not be subject to a refund on membership fees already paid.
- It is the responsibility of each member to update Sparkle Sheffield of any changes to the information already provided on the submitted Membership form.
- Sparkle Sheffield is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity and is responsible for ensuring that no member receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, parental or marital status, religious belief, social status or sexual orientation.
- The newsletter will consist of Sparkle Sheffield upcoming events, news and other content relative to Autism Spectrum Disorders and other associated conditions. This will be emailed to the email address/es provided within the membership application form.
1:1 Support Sessions
- Support sessions will be 30 minutes in length.
- Support sessions will be held with a Sparkle Sheffield representative. These will be either a parent/carer of children with additional needs, and/or a professional who is experienced in working with children/young people with additional needs.
- Support sessions may not solve all areas of difficulty a family may experience, however the representative from Sparkle Sheffield will aim to give advice, or further signpost to other support services.
- Support sessions will be held at Sparkle Sheffield (Knowle House, 4 Norfolk Park Road, Sheffield, S2 3QE) unless specified otherwise.
Priority Bookings / Bookable Events
- Where applicable for priority booking, the membership package will enable members to book places upon Sparkle Sheffield children’s events, and Sparkle Sheffield parent/carer events, 48 hours before tickets go on general sale.
- Tickets for bookings of Sparkle Sheffield events will be limited to individuals who are detailed within the membership package.
- If members fail to attend 2 consecutive events without notice, Sparkle Sheffield then reserve the right to prohibit attendance at future events.
Utilita Arena Arena Hospitality Suite
- Access to the Utilita Arena (Broughton Lane, Sheffield, S9 2DF) Sparkle Sheffield hospitality suite will be heavily subsidised for members with a platinum package.
- A charge of £15 per person will be applicable for tickets to shows within the hospitality suite. This is heavily discounted as tickets retail in excess of £250 per person for access to the suites.
- The Sparkle Sheffield hospitality suite consists of exclusive use for platinum members of Sparkle Sheffield. This is a VIP experience which will hugely benefit individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders in accessing events at the Utilita Arena.
- The suite holds a maximum of 12 people at any one time. Therefore, members may be required to share the suite with other families who are also platinum members of Sparkle Sheffield.
- One family ticket will be offered per membership. This will typically consist of 2 adults and 2 children. Should the show being offered not be suitable for children, the ticket will be valid for 2 adults only. Attendees must be listed on the membership forms. If the aforementioned attendance terms are not suitable and extenuating circumstances apply, these must be put in writing at the earliest convenience to [email protected]. Any requests sent within 48 hours of a show date may not fulfilled.
- Families will be offered tickets to a show at the Utilita Arena once per year. Should these tickets be declined, there is no guarantee that tickets will be offered for an alternative show.
- Platinum members of Sparkle Sheffield will have access to the Utilita Arena hospitality suite for one event per year (12-month period). Families may submit any requests for specific show tickets to [email protected], however there is no guarantee that these requests can be fulfilled.
- At least one representative of Sparkle Sheffield will be in attendance at all Utilita Arena events.
- Sparkle Sheffield will not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse towards its staff or volunteers. Swearing, threats or any acts of violence will not be tolerated. Anyone found in breach of these points will be asked to leave. Sparkle Sheffield representatives reserve the right to refuse entry to the Sparkle Sheffield hospitality suite at Utilita Arena to anyone who does not show respect and courtesy to others.
- Families remain responsible for their child/ren at all times whilst in the Utilita Arena and the suite. Sparkle Sheffield accept no responsibility for individuals whilst in attendance at the suite.
- Sparkle Sheffield accept no responsibility for any personal belongings whilst in attendance at Utilita Arena.
- Food/drink orders can be placed via the in-suite telephone for delivery direct to the suite. Sparkle Sheffield do not cover the cost of any items purchased within Utilita Arena.
- Utilita Arena are a cashless venue. Please ensure that you have an alternative payment method to pay for your goods.
- Whilst within the Sparkle Sheffield hospitality suite, all attendees must follow the terms and conditions identified above. Upon entry to the suite, a short introduction video must be watched prior to the start of the event. A Sparkle Sheffield representative will ensure that this is played to all attendees. Key rules are also on display within the suite in both written form and as PECS symbols.
Sparkle Tots / Sparkle On / Twinkle
- Membership of Silver, Gold and Platinum packages will entitle free admission for all individuals listed on the membership to Sparkle Tots, Sparkle On and Twinkle sessions.
- The above-mentioned groups will be held at Sparkle Sheffield (Knowle House, 4 Norfolk Park Road, Sheffield, S2 3QE) unless specified otherwise.
- Families remain responsible for their child/ren at all times whilst attending the above-mentioned groups unless otherwise specified by a Sparkle Sheffield representative.
Sensory Equipment and Books Loan Scheme
- Sensory equipment and books will be loaned to parents on a first-come first-served basis.
- Equipment is required to be collected and returned to Sparkle Sheffield (Knowle House, 4 Norfolk Park Road, Sheffield, S2 3QE) at a mutually convenient time.
- Loans will be for 2-weeks per membership. If you no longer require the equipment prior to the end of the 2-weeks please inform Sparkle Sheffield and we will arrange for an early return to the above address.
- All loan equipment remains the property of Sparkle Sheffield and we retain the right to recall items where necessary.
- Repeat requests for loaning of equipment can be submitted but a fair usage policy will apply to ensure a range of members are able to trial equipment.
- Equipment and books are required to be kept in good condition and handled with care. All reasonable steps must be taken to ensure that any equipment is properly looked after. General wear and tear is acceptable.
- If any items are lost, stolen or damaged whilst in your possession you must inform Sparkle Sheffield as soon as possible, and within a maximum of 48 hours.
- We may provide some items which consist of small parts; therefore, children will require supervision whilst using them. Failure to supervise use of toys, or to isolate broken toys, may result in a choking hazard and subsequent injury.
- Following use of the equipment, we may require feedback regarding how they have impacted on you/your families experiences.